Wednesday, October 13, 2010

color color

The boys love to "color, color". I had to go to the PX today to get some new color wonder markers because we exhausted our last ones. So, I carry them through the whole store and didn't even know the boys knew I had them. I hand them to the lady at the counter to pay and you would have thought I stole life from those little boys. In unison and harmony haha they were crying and saying "color color". I had to reassure them that I was taking the colors home and we could "color color" there. They kept pointing at the lady at the register and crying and screaming "color color" THE ENTIRE WAY OUT OF THE PX. All the while I was showing them that I had their "color colors" in the bag. I think they honestly thought that she stole their colors. I dont know, but people were laughing hysterically as it sounded like a choir of not so angels singing (crying) in unison. It was beautiful harmony....NOT REALLY! I think I laughed the whole way out to the car. Yes, mom of the year, I know! Jacob cried all the way home until we got out of the car, in the house and I showed them that I still had the "color colors" I don't think I have ever seen him so excited about anything yet. He was jumping and waving his arms and we spent the last hour "color coloring".

On a sidenote: which in reality is a not so sidenote. I am completely amazed at the grace of God and what He has given me.

2 comments:

  1. I would have laughed too. Just reading this made me laugh. Aren't children wonderful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say a little prayer that the tantrums end at "color color"ing and aren't an indication of things to come! As sweet as Grace is, she is a BIG tantrum thrower, so I can totally relate to your post. Our biggest fight comes in the morning. I let her watch Curious George or Cat in the Hat when I shower. When I turn that TV off, she throws such a tantrum that I usually have to give her a time out!

    ReplyDelete