Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Family Update

Whew we have been busy! :)

We first went to Chattanooga two weekends ago. I am happy Widmar was able to do his 30mile race and I am very proud of him. However I am happy that weekend is long over. It started by me forgetting the strollers and the diapers. And then the cribs that I had called for to triple check that they would be in the room well..they werent. So the makeshift bed on the floor proved to be rough on all involved. It was great to spend time with family except I will have to say that my bad attitude the first 24hrs we were there probably hindered me a little. Second night we had cribs...the more than 2 hours of sleep helped with the bad attitude.

This past weekend we went to Rock Ranch. Daddy had a 4 day weekend so we took the opportunity to go up on Saturday afternoon to this Chikfila owned ranch. It was AMAZING. Tons of stuff for kids from a corn maze, petting zoo, train rides, tiny town, underground slide, jumping pillow, etc. Lots and lots of fun things. The boys favorite...the train and tiny town. They were awesome there and went the whole day without a nap. I was sure we were in for it when they didnt nap on the way up there, but they surprised me (which they usually do) and were perfect!!! We had a blast and we may be making another trip here soon it was THAT much fun.

Other than that Widmar is VERY busy this week with work. Lots of airplanes needed I guess. THat's his job anything that has to do with aircraft...He is the man! He is in the process of transitioning to a new job at the end of the month which will actually be school. I am looking forward to the change of pace and to have him home more often. I think he will take leave the last week of this month so we can spend some quality family time that we have missed so much of. I am looking forward to it.

Me, well this is probably the busiest week I have had in a very very long time. I have 2 thirty-one shows to go to. One is mine and the other I am moral support. It is also program week at PWOC and I am on the program committee. I will be helping set-up on Wednesday evening and practicing for the skit. (i have one line, I think i say "me too") I don't need much practice I guess! Friday I set up for the big Benning Bazaar and Saturday i have a table at the actual Bazaar with Thirty-One. I am VERY excited about this and I think it will be a great opportunity for me to meet some wonderful ladies. On top of all of this lets not forget I am first and foremost a mommy. :) So me and the boys will be busy busy this week.

The boys...well they are crazy as ever. It's amazing when you look at life through our childs eyes. We are so blessed to have those two little joys in our lives. Even when they are a handful they still make you smile. They are talking A LOT and signing a lot too. They are parrots really. It's pretty funny when we are in the car they have started to sing along to some of the songs. They usually get the last word of whatever the sentences are and say it really loud. It cracks me up every time.

With men it is impossible; but to God all things are possible. - Matthew 19:26

1 comment: