Monday, January 10, 2011

Give it Up

Yesterday at church the pastor talked a little about debt and how if we pay off debt we have the money to give to the things that really matter to us and back to charities, church etc. Not that we are over our heads in debt, but I walked out of church and Widmar and I had a great conversation on our way to Sams and continued on our way home.

I think sometimes (a lot of times) our money goes towards things we don't always need and that are not there to build us up. (I had to fight to say that because starbucks does make me very happy). Let me tell you how many times we frequent starbucks...sometimes everyday sometimes 3-5 times a week, and yes sometimes even twice a day. I do love me some starbucks, but I just think our money could be spent elsewhere to the glory of God and in turn our family. So my goal is to have starbucks once a week. There are some stipulations to this...

1.) if I am asked to go to starbucks by my very dear girlfriend or in need of some girl time we have agreed that it is ok to go even if I might have had it that week already.

2.) If I do find myself at a starbucks drive thru and I have already been that week I will do a drive thru blessing and pay for whoever is behind us. That way we are passing on a blessing from God to someone else that might need it that day.

It became a habit, almost like the car automatically drove through the drive thru every time I was out. We passed starbucks yesterday and guess what? the car does go in the opposite direction from the starbucks. :)

There are a few other things that I can see us cutting back on and I know our efforts will be rewarded. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Give me a call when you decide to drive thru. I'll be right behind you ;-)

    ReplyDelete