Sunday, July 31, 2011

Potty Training

Warning and a disclaimer (the word poop is used and there is talk of bodily parts and functions) Stop reading now if this is offensive.

I often find myself these days asking God why he did not create babies to automatically know to go on the potty. We are showing some interest in the potty and by some I mean VERY little. And usually in the form of procrastinating sleeping. (this is new and annoying) :) my boys have always always always gone down good for me and lately jacob has not and now he uses having to "poop on the potty" as an excuse to not go to bed.
I have been witness to and even helped potty train other children (girls) and boys are way different. By way different I mean when I say are you going to go poop on the potty and you pull really hard on the other end to squeeze it out i dont even know what to do with you. I actually think my words were. "Where in the world is your daddy".
3 is not too late to potty train right? (When daddy comes home). :) Just sayin!

3 comments:

  1. First of all, EWwww!

    Second, they all learned to potty....eventually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing here Jana. Wyatt shows no interest unless it is going to get him out of something else. 3 is not to late! Boys are so much different than girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, is it wrong that I find this funny? You just have to laugh at it, right? JOY at the potty! ;)

    Like Dion said, they all learn eventually.

    Just a few pointers from a veteran boy-potty-trainer (both while Daddy was away, naturally!)

    1- there is no shame in bribing
    2- there is no shame in throwing away nasty clothing (just sayin, you'll go nutso cleaning up dirty drawers!)
    3- I didn't use pull-ups much, I did switch to the cheapest, crappiest diapers they sell when we decided to start potty-training - they aren't as comfortable when they are wet as the good diapers.
    4- don't stress. it will ALL work out sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete