Friday, August 12, 2011

7 on the 7th...Free time

I am a little late for 7 on the 7th, but the day I tried to sit down and type this Blogger was not working correctly. So each month my friend Amanda started the 7 on the 7th. There's one topic and we all blog about it. (if you are interested in doing this leave a comment and I will have you added to the list).

This months topic is what we do in our free time...which is funny because general consensus is we dont have much free time

1.) read. I love reading and I wish I had more time to do it. My book list is very long right now and I'd like to get caught up, but when I go to bed at night I'm just too tired. I love all kinds of books. Right now I am reading Decision Points by George Bush and next is the Jaycee Dugard story or the help...not sure which one is next yet. :)

2.) Working out. I love to go to the gym. I think running long distances is boring, but if i can hop on a treadmill or an elliptical and lift weights and lately I have been into CrossFit workouts (they are faster and give me more free time to shower peacefully before picking up the boys). :) This is a huge stress relief for me, I would spend ore time at the gym if I had the opportunity, but I take what I can get these days.

3.) Cooking. I dont ALWAYS love to cook sometimes I just throw something quick together so that we can eat, but I do love to try new recipes especially when Widmar is home.

4.) Surf the web. I do this a lot, whether it be facebook, email, pinterest, new recipes, etc. At night I often find myself doing this after the boys are in bed.

5.) Triathlons. I think they are fun even though I am not very good at them. But it's finding the time to train enough for them that holds me back right now. I think when Widmar comes back next year we will train for them.

6.) watch movies at the theater and on netflix. My movie theater days are few and far between, but i love to watch new movies. We have netflix so I usually add movies to my list so I can watch it as soon as i comes out.

7.) crafts. mainly diaper cakes and scrapbooks. I love to make diaper cakes. I have made a few for my good friends and I love it. its really my only creative outlet these days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment