Thursday, March 18, 2010

CRAZY EYE

So for the past couple of months I have had this eye issue. From what I can tell it comes when I have a severe lack of sleep and maybe my contacts bother it...Who knows. BUT my eye gets SUPER red and hurts really bad, I can't open it because its so painful and light hurts me. So this was how I woke up today and since I have not been seen about this yet I decided to call the hospital. They were able to get me in and it was a slightly entertaining experience. I couldnt help but laugh at the doctor whose name I will protect, but he wasnt the brightest and I think used the S word about 10 times. Basically the conversation went something like this...

doc-so um whats the problem

me-well my eyes have been very red and this is a reoccuring problem and it hurts especially with exposure to light.

doc- this is my second eye issue today (there was probably an inserted S word here)

me- chuckle

doc- (shuts off light looks in my eye) wow that looks really bad (returns back to his seat)

this is all I really get from him. other than he thinks i have conjunctivitis which I dont. I really think its my contacts despite the eye dr not thinking that. It's weird how this started when they changed my contacts on me. I told the doc this and he just looked at me for a min and turned around and typed in his computer.

Doc- i'm no eye doctor so i'll give you a consult to opthomologist (THANK GOD)

Ok so my conversation does nothing for this guys attitude. I'm not really looking for super nice doctors, but i really sat behind this guy as he eagerly clicked buttons. Buttons like...rectal exam (i corrected him and told him it was my eye) Everytime he turned to face the computer I couldnt help but laugh. I have high respect for doctors and nurses I think they have a very difficult job, but this guy oh boy he wasnt the brightest. Needless to say I wasnt totally happy with the experience, BUT I was highly entertained at his lack of ability to deal with me.

All in all a wonderful day. Got to spend a little time outside which is always nice. Sad that there is no power flex tomorrow, but hoping to get back into it next week.

Looking forward to our trip to Atlanta this weekend. Widmar is running the ING 1/2 marathon on Sunday and we are going to spend Saturday up there at the zoo or the aquarium. Should be a fun day. I will definitely blog about that. I love bragging about Widmar. :) Well, I'm off to finish american idol that we missed out on this week. God is so good and I'm thankful for the life he has given me and the people He has put in it.

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”- Romans 15:13

4 comments:

  1. Was he a PA? Sometimes its a hit and miss with those guys...the one I see here is fabulous, the guy I saw in Germany had no idea what to prescribe for my asthma, dosages, meds anything....I told him exactly what I needed as he typed in the prescription on the screen, verbatim. He said "I should look this up in the book to be sure, but you seem to know what you are talking about." I promptly asked for my primary care physician to be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE bring your camera and take pictures of the boys...and then upload them. I am glad Amy is around you guys otherwise I would barely see these kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your eye Jana, but I do find it funny that your doc say the "s" word alot...soo professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your eye feels better and that you are able to find out what is going on with it. Hopefully, this wasn't your PCM. Yikes, I would have to change. :) Hope all is well and have fun in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete