Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Race and One of those days

First of all I have managed to fall behind on this blog in the last couple of days and A LOT has happened. Well a lot in our small little world here. First, I spent from hours 6pm to 1am on Friday in the ER with Jacob who had a high fever and ear infection. I managed to miss Pizza Wii (or PIWII) night. We were leaving for Atlanta Saturday morning and I didnt want to travel with my non sleeping, in pain baby so that's why I stayed there for so long.

This past weekend we went to Atlanta. It was a fun little trip. We were hoping to go to the zoo or the aquarium, but the late not ER visit prevented us from getting out the door in time. We had the pleasure of being joined by the Ruzicka family. Joe and Widmar were running the Georgia ING marathon on Sunday morning so we all stayed the ever so wonderfully slow Holiday Inn downtown. :) We went to the expo on Saturday and spent entirely too much money, but we got some GREAT deals that we could pass up (or at least thats what I'm told) :) Widmar got a new "race outfit". Many of you have not had the pleasure of seeing Widmar run a race or triathlon, but he has a fantastic wig and sweatband he wears. Now the outfit is complete with a bright blue/highlighter yellow outfit and some crazy hot green sunglasses. Yes stylish I know. :) (pictures to come) I am so proud of the guys doing this race. Widmar ran 13.1 miles in 1hr 39 min. Which is only one hour faster than I did my princess haha. He's fast. Joe ran in 1hr 50min with a bum leg. They both did so awesome! The finish line was right out the hotel door so it made it nice to go out and watch without getting too soaking wet from the rain.

And to the VERY long day. Not sure what the problem was today. Chikfila day was a little chaotic for us. The boys didnt want to play, they wanted to play with the door, jacob wouldnt stay off the slide (climbing up it) and getting knocked off, crying, and more crying. We then went for an oil change and some other errands and the boys napped in the car despite my attempt to keep them awake. (joshua for an hour which was good, jakey for 15min which was not so good) We went out to play after bringing daddy some dinner and woah we were a mess. I enjoyed the company of the other ladies, but the boys were a little crazy today. Well, Jacob was. THat's what happens with little to no nap. We came home and it was straight crying for 30minutes until Grammie got on Skype and read a story (still some crying) but at least a small break. Ate dinner, bath, milk, bed. This was accomplished before 7:15. I enjoyed dinner alone on the couch with peace and quiet. I have to remind myself sometimes that my babies are still babies. Still 13 months old and will cry when they are overtired, or hungry, or just want to be held by mommy. They have to fight for my attention sometimes because there are two of them. I have to remind myself that it's perfectly normal for them to cry the way they do. Doesnt make it any easier for me, but at least I dont think they are crazy. (usually) :)

I am also constantly reminded of how WONDERFUL my friends are. Everytime I turn around someone is helping with one of the boys without me even asking for help. It makes my life so much easier to know that have friends that care for and love me and my family. I actually got a little emotional tonight thinking about it. God is so incredibly good for giving me the friends that I have. I am blessed beyond belief. Thank you to all my wonderful friend for you love and kindness!

Now I patiently wait for my hubby to return home. (i may not make it til his arrival) I'm exhausted. The Air Force is delaying his return home and making his life a little difficult right now. (sorry dad) He should be home around 10ish. For now I'll enjoy my book, a nice cold beer, and some peace and quiet.

Pics soon I promise, i'm very slow at uploading. :)

5 comments:

  1. awww. i actually cry when i think of your friends. you are blessed. and ooooooh i cant wait to see the new running outfit. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your friends. I don't like hearing about you being all stressed and not being able to help out, but I am glad at least someone is there :)

    I REALLY can't wait to see you guys. I cry thinking about it sometimes. With genes like yours and anywhere close to mine you should kind of expect a lot of crying out of those boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, Jana! I know you're doing a great job with those boys! You are an amazing mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the race outfit got even better?! Looking forward to pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete