Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick Baby

Well we have found ourselves with a sick Joshie yet again. He woke up yesterday morning with a fever and he progressively got worse throughout the day. At 3 we saw the Ranger Doc and he said that Joshua had a lot of fluid behind his ears, but wasnt infected. By 6pm his fever spiked to 104.8. With the advice of a very good friend who comes with a medical family :) we took him to the ER. He had a full blown ear infection in his right ear. We had an appointment with his pediatrician this morning and not only was his right ear REALLY bad his left ear was now infected. It amazes me how fast ear infections come on. We have been worried about these random high fevers he has been getting and they are pretty sure it is due the ear infections. Looking back at his records the fevers are consistently within a week or two of ear infections. This is our 7 or 8th ear infection in the last 7 months so we are being referred to an ENT doctor to have tubes put in. I think it will be what is best for him. He constantly has fluid in his middle ear that result in a reaccuring ear infection. They believe the fevers will go away after this procedure is done. Today has been a better day. He has ran a fever once that was pretty high, but it's the first day on antibiotics. Hopefully tomorrow we will see some improvement or its back into the doc on Friday. His pediatrician has been wonderful and gave us her personal pager number so we can contact her directly. This is huge because otherwise you have to go through the hospitals call line which can take up to 72 hours.

We enjoyed a great dinner with Widmar's sister Amy. It's been so nice having her so close to us and seeing her more these days. She's been able to build a great relationship with our boys. Lindsay and Joey also came over for dinner and it's always nice to have them over.

It's been raining a lot here and today I just couldnt take the staying in the house anymore. So...whats a girl to do? GO SHOPPING :) Lindsay and I and the boys met up with Chrissy and her girls for lunch at the mall and did some shopping in Victorias secret and bath and body works. Then we headed over to Target for some more SHOPPING :) I bought myself some new shirts. I realized recently that for the last two summers I have been in maternity clothes. I am far from maternity clothes right now and have a minimal ammount of clothes to wear. My body just isnt the way it was before those boys. So I bought a couple shirts for myself today. I was pleased to be able to buy smalls still :) It made me feel a little better.

Ok I've rambled enough I think! Its off to finish the biggest loser we missed last night and then go to bed. Sleepy heads all around here!!


* People who laugh actually live longer than those who don't laugh. Few persons realize that health actually varies according to the amount of laughter. James J. Walsh

3 comments:

  1. Jana, you are now my cooking idol. thanks for running this awesome bed and breakfast. lol. no seriously though i love you and im happy you are my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys are getting the ENT referral. I still need to meet Lindsay. sorry I bailed on the mall yesterday. Both girls Veto'd the idea, once we got home and dried off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...sorry to hear that Josh has ear troubles. He sounds a lot like our Owen. He has had constant ear infections since he was 6 months old and he will be a year next Friday. We actually went in to ENT again and they have decided to put tubes in so, looks like the 31st will be his big day. And hopefully he will get some relief. I hope Josh starts feeling better and that the ENT can help out!

    ReplyDelete