Monday, April 5, 2010

Mold?

It has been recommended that I have the house checked for mold. I called today and they put it in as an emergency because of the boys. (the guy I talked to was super awesome)! So, after calling I have done some research here is my most recent finding from moldblogger.com.....


there are 5 main symptoms that anyone who comes into contact with mold may experience:

5 Symptoms of Exposure to Mold
Nasal and Sinus Congestion
Coughing
Wheezing or difficulty breathing
Skin and/or eye irritation
Upper respiratory infection including sinus

Ok, maybe I am naive, stupid (for lack of better words), bad mom, who knows...but it never dawned on me until someone mentioned having the house tested that this could even be a possible cause to my children being sick ALL the time. on top of this I have some major eye issues that get worse and better off and on and never worse when i actually am at the doctors. The boys have had multiple upper respitory issues, coughing, nose problems, etc...FEVERS. So here I am waiting for them to come test my house for this. I dont know if I will be relieved or completely embarassed if they find that the mold is that bad in here. Although it is not visible other than our bathroom that we are constantly having to clean I feel like maybe I should have known about this. :( either way we should be moving sometime in the next couple of weeks so that should solve the problems. We believe that the lack of plumbing in our house may be the cause of the mold... I'm no maintenance person, but its all piecing together now. today we wait...in the mean time we are fever free today and hoping we stay that way for awhile. Will update with results later...

4 comments:

  1. ((Hugs)) today.

    You are NOT a bad Mom!! You love our boys and give them the moon if they wanted it. I'm here when you need me. I can pack a mean box. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant "your" boys not "our." But I'd take 'em if they needed me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, really it isn't something that you think about everyday. The only reason that I know about mold is because of a house we lived in, in college. You could actually smell it when you walked in. Even though there was never visible mold, it was in the vent ducts.

    In some ways it would be a blessing to know that the mold has caused all the issues that you guys have been having and that soon you could be sickness free. I am glad to hear that you only have a few more weeks until you are in your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having mold definitely does not mean you are a bad mom...silly girl. :P It's not your fault, especially in a place as hot and humid as Georgia. Can't wait to hear about the new house, though!

    ReplyDelete