Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tubes for Tuesday

Ok I feel kind of crazy for being excited about this, but I am so excited that the boys are able to get the tubes put in so quickly. Dont get me wrong i'm kind of nervous, but the excitement outweighs the nerves at this point. I am just thinking that anything is better than watching my child with a 104.7 fever be THAT miserable ALL the time. I will take a 5 min surgery to fix the problem. The Dr is awesome that is doing the surgery and he was super informative today. THey actually planned the surgery for Tuesday because we will be flying out on Friday to Texas. He said that it would make a big difference in flying if we did it that way. They are "tubing" both boys. Basically Jacob is more out of precaution although he has had many ear infections too. Joshua on the otherhand has constant fluid behind his ear drum and they are about 99.9% sure that this will improve that. It will also improve his speech. I relize they are only 14 months old and sometimes kids just have speech issues. BUT there is a pretty distinct difference in Jacob's speech and Joshuas. I am interested to see if that changes after the surgery. The audiologist said that he does think its the fluid that is causing sounds to be muffled, but its obvious he hears sounds because he can repeat similar sounds. We will see. Again I realize they are 14mo old and it could just be "typical". My background in education is good and bad sometimes. I often find myself pulling my speech/developmental books out to make sure they are right on par. haha i think they are fine they are VERY smart, sometimes TOO smart.

On a fun note: Yesterday we went for Mexican and Jacob wanted more tortillas. He was flailing around like a crazy boy and I said can you say please and he signed the word please without me doing it first. Then, Joshua did it (in his ever so crazy way). Much better than the eh eh eh eh eh eh and craziness and also soooo very sweet when they did it. They are super smart and ever so cute. Lovin this crazy thing we call life with them.

Oh yea another fun note: (not so funny, but funny): The boys have learned to use other objects to climb higher. AND they know they arent allowed to climb over the arm of the couch, BUT as soon as I go to leave the room even if i pretend to leave the room both boys bee line to the couch to climb on the arm. Widmar and I were out of the room for less than a minute making breakfast for the boys yesterday and came into two giggling little boogers STANDING on the arm of the couch. I may or may not have a heart attack soon. I can not leave them alone for a minute which is making daily tasks even more difficult and the dust/CLUTTER is piling up everywhere. I need to hier my dad to come organize and maybe my aunt brenda. haha :) Mom you can come too for support.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this commentary from you!! So happy for your surgery. Sounds cruel, but I feel like it will make a world of difference. We'll talk on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen just had tubes put in a couple weeks ago. The surgery is super quick and easy. Our first night home was a little rough, but after that it has been smooth sailing. Best of luck and I hope they help out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the tubes...everyone says it helps A LOT! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete