Tuesday, February 15, 2011

cancer

For lack of better words I think cancer sucks! It is so incredibly ugly and attacks innocent people. Some cancers are preventable and there are things you can do to help yourself be less likely to get cancer. BUT healthy people get cancer and I dont understand it. I feel like it is the one thing that I am constantly questioning God about. Why cancer? Why such an ugly thing that eats at ones body and zaps them of energy, hope, and happiness sometimes? I dont understand why God allows some people to get cancer.

My mom had cancer. She is the strongest woman I know. We are blessed that she had the strength to fight it and that God kept her here on this earth with us, but I remember thinking why my mom? Noone deserves to have cancer.

Our dear family friend Danielle has cancer. She is BEAUTIFUL! I remember growing up and wanting to look just like her ( I still want to look just like her) She has been fighting it for years now and its taken over her entire body. She's a fighter! But why her?

Three of my grandparents died of cancer. Although part of this cancer could have been avoided. It is still ugly and heart breaking.

Growing up we had dear family friends and their 5 year old boy who was on my dad's t-ball team died of Leukemia. Why?

Monday our fitness instructor announced she has cancer. She's probably one of the healthiest people I know. She has other health issues going on, a bad back, etc. Why cancer with it?

It's heart breaking to me. It rips at my soul to hear of people I love having to suffer so much. I have seen good things come from cancer. I have rejoiced at the news that someone has beat cancer. My mom, the strongest lady I know. I don't think i would be the woman I am today if she wasn't in my life. I thank God daily for her and for giving her the strength to fight. She has been cancer free for over 15years now. I have seen good things come from people who die of cancer. I have seen people's lives change for the better and commit themselves to God because of it. I just dont understand why God allows some people to have to suffer so much with these horrible horrible illnesses.

There is so many scrtipture out there that gives hope and courage to cancer patients and their families. I often look to hese for comfort when one person I know is diagnosed with this ugly thing. I am sorry this is so sad and gloomy. It's been on my heart lately. God knows our every thought he knows every inch of our body from the hairs on our head to our tiny toes. We don't always know the reason behind His great and beautiful plan I just find myself praying for those that are sick lately. That they find hope and comfort in the Ultimate Provider. I pray that God gives them strength to face the challenges before them and courage to keep fighting. That's all I can do is pray and prayer is the most powerful thing of all.

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much honey..Cancer Sucks no better way to say it and no explanation for. You are a amazing person, I miss you so much! You keep praying and I promise you I will keep fighting xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana,

    This is something that is on my heart often too. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer when I was 19 and have been in remission for 8 years. When I was diagnosed I had plenty of questions, the same ones you asked in your post.

    I find comfort in the fact that God has a plan for each of us. A very specific plan that sometimes involves ugly situations. I truly believe that God can put a nasty situation in your life, even if your life isn't spared, so that you can be used by Him for his purpose. Sometimes that purpose isn't about us. Sometimes it's to inspire one other person to fight, or to share our story, or like you said draw someone closer to him.

    Love ya girl!
    Danielle Porter

    ReplyDelete