Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving...Not so Moving

We are still moving! I on the otherhand I have taken a different approach in this move. As in, I am not so moving. :) Usually I stress about separating things and throwing out what I dont want etc. I have since learned that regardless of what I do my stuff will still be moved from this house to our new house and usually in whatever way the packers decide to do it. I will separate out what we need for our trip and leave the rest for them to pack. I will choose to continue to build relationships instead of stress about this. I think it is more important for me to be with my family and my friends right now then lock myself in my house to reorganize for them to throw it back in a box. If it needs to be thrown out I'm sure there is a trash can somewhere in NY I can use. I have some very dear friends here and I know that if I dont maxmize the time I have with them now it will be taken away from me very soon. I don't want to regret not spending time with them. Most importantly I have a wonderful family that will be missing a very special daddy when we move. It is more important to maximize out time together as a family now while he is home. With Widmar training for Best Rangers and for the upcoming deployment our family time is already cut short. I will maximize the time we do have. This will most definitely minimize stress and maximize the joy! I already feel free of this burden and am rejoicing that i realized this early on. For now I am enjoying my days with my children, my wonderful husband, and my very dearest friends!

With that being said I have about 7 weeks to enjoy here in the South! I will definitely be doing that! God has brought us some beautiful weather and has given us some great opportunties! I am feeling truly blessed these days!!

4 comments:

  1. i can't imagine how hard it will be to leave all those wonderful people. you really have made some life long friends there.

    i didn't know willy was doing Best Ranger! woo hoo!

    i know it will be sad but you are so awesome for realizing that friends make the world go round. on my trip to NY yo visit with rob's family i got to see how his mother built these amazing friendships and they have kept in touch over the years and they go back so far. she has made connections everywhere and they have benefited Rob and i to this day. ;o)


    anyway, have fun... see you soon.... but not too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very moving story lol. i feel your pain and am glad to hear someone else voice the same things we are going thru. take advantage of it while you can and just enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once, movers we had packed a full bathroom trash can! We can laugh about it today, but I'd suggest at least emptying your bathroom trash...

    Embrace the time you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've got the right attitude. And I like the sound of a low-stress move. Enjoy your time in Georgia, but I know New York will be exciting too!

    ReplyDelete