Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Well another Valentines Day has come and passed. I will just start by saying that I typically think Valentines day is a little overrated. I made it clear that I didnt want to do anything for Valentines day because we already spent money on Brad Paisley tickets, etc etc.

In the midst of all of this I, with a good friend Tamika May, have been planning the Valentines Dinner for the PWOC and Crossroads Chapel, A BIG TASK, and I was stressed and nervous and everything else that comes with planning something big for special people. I REALLY wanted Widmar to go, but we didnt think it would be best for the boys since it went until 8:30 and the boys have a routine and on top of that he didnt want to watch me run around all night. I admit now I was upset, frustrated, etc that he didnt want to go with me to this thing that I had worked so hard on. But I knew his heart and that it probably was best for the boys not to be stuck in the tiny room they called child care.

So yesterday I decided to pick up something small for him to let him know that i was thinking about him a little card and Terminator 2 in Blu-ray. Surely it looks better in Blue-Ray right? I think my gift took him by surprise (seeing as though we weren't doing valentines day gifts this year like i said 500 times) because his reaction was not exactly what I expected. It came in the form of "you cheated we werent doing Valentines Day" and "I already have T2." So I sucked in my almost tears and got ready for my dinner.

I went to the dinner and it was great. The people had a great time and towards the end when kids were having to get picked up because they were getting cranky and it was getting late I was reminded why Widmar stayed home. I stopped at the shoppette on the way home BOUND AND DETERMINED to make this valentines day at least a little special and picked up a bottle of wine and ice cream. (the comedian said at dinner that you cant fight when you are eating ice cream together) I quickly go home because I just want to spend some time with Widmar and as I walk up to the door there is a dozen roses sitting on the doorstep. I immediately freeze in my steps and cry. (why i didnt keep walking up the steps, who knows) But I cried and i couldnt even open the door. Widmar opened the door and I was still crying (I will blame this crying on the very long exhausting past week/day) and he gave me the biggest hug ever and said very very sweet things. I then go to put the melting ice cream in the freezer and there is CHOCOLATES!!

Although it would have been nice to have Widmar at the dinner, I was reminded as I was sitting at the table that the love we have for each other and show each other goes far beyond this valentines Day and even if he misses next years valentines day we still have that love for each other. He shows me how much he loves me every single day of the year. He makes me laugh, he helps out around the house, he takes care of our boys, he fulfills his Godly role of man of the house. He is an amazing husband and I dont need chocolates or roses or Terminator 2 Blue Rays to show it or know it. God has given me my one and only true love on this earth and I am incredibly blessed to have him by my side every single day. Take away all the gifts and dinners and material things in this world and we are left with love. Love that Christ alone has given each of us that we in turn give to each other. It doesn't get any better than that.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you are! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE JANA! This is making me cry. I am so happy for you and that you got to enjoy your evening with the love of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day! You certainly have a awesome man to call your husband.

    ReplyDelete